27 Feb Some Tips While Building A Pool
First and foremost, you have to determine that if you are building a pool for swimming purposes or if you want just to treat it as a swimming pond. If you want it to be like wild swimming with a lot of plants and low tech with a pond like an appearance, then a swimming pond is the best one for you. These will truly emulate a wild and fun swimming experience but are undoubtedly complex to build structurally because they need a very specific design, and the characteristics need to be planned perfectly. On the other hand, if you want it to be 100% chemical free, clean and clear water and also wildlife free swimming pool, then you need to build a natural pool.
Here are a few suggestions as to how you can easily build a pool.
- You should keep the design simple. Keep the bespoke design features to a proper minimum. While stone walls and shallows look amazing with water features, they will surely add to your expense and also a lot of difficulties in the construction of your pool.
- Go with a proper flat bottom for your pool. This means a very simple dig and a one level foundation for all the walls, which is much easier. It is also a lot easier to clean.
- Avoid too many fittings to your pool. The pool can have inlets and outlet pipes showing and you may think that think that this could ruin the look. But you can easily blend it with the vibe of the pool. Some pool fittings are not too expensive, but you should remember waterproofing the pool proves to be the hardest part of the job, and it is best to avoid too many fittings which could possibly breach the waterproofing if you are indeed doing this without proper labor.
- Don’t make it too deep. No normal human would be more than 6- 61/2 feet tall, so it is advisable that you make the pool 6-7 feet deep. Going too deep can prove to be problematic.
- Make sure that you move away from prefabricated or concrete pool walls. You should use stone or sandbags to form walls. This needs a good and skill to make it look good.
- Use a bore well/ borehole or a well if you have one. Get some advice from an experienced individual when you are doing this.
- Make sure that you have a sure drainage plan. Poorly planned pool drainage is a problem because the pool could overflow into your garden or cause some other problems if you don’t have a drainage plan. It will also be a problem to get the water cleaned properly.